About the Project:
National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NUIS is envisioned as a shared digital public good that fosters innovation and collaboration in the urban ecosystem, predicated on the empowerment of citizens and enablement of processes to drive solutions at scale and with speed.
The NUIS program is designed to provide the foundational components of this digital infrastructure and to support its adoption. The various platforms that make up the NUIS stack are designed to bring a holistic view across multiple urban verticals and enable rapid scaling of innovative local solutions. The urban governance and municipal services platform, known as Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG), will be one of the first platforms to be operationalised under NUIS.
Purpose of the assignment:
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services, in order to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city. This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society. The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work:
Keeping a clear vision for the program, and a clear understanding of the state needs, the solutions architect has to map out the components that will constitute solutions and how they are going to work together.
Role & Responsibilities:
Role: The Solutions Architect creates comprehensive design/architecture for the solution(s) and provides strategic direction throughout the development process.
- Understand the business context and lead the solution design on the platform
- Responsible for technology choices and decisions.
- Promote architectural and development best practices.
- Ensure projects are designed within approved enterprise architectural standards.
- Lead code reviews and implement best coding standards.
- Provide technical leadership in all aspects of SDLC, including system analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Demonstrates ability to bring in a fresh perspective, Generates new and imaginative ideas/ approaches.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience: 5+ years as Solution Architect.
- Qualification: BE/B.tech required
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience in development of enterprise-class scalable and performant systems.
- Experience in Product development
- Experience in mobile applications will be a plus.
- Excellent distributed system design capabilities
- Exposure to web services, workflow engines
- Experience in Web Servers and Application servers.
- Experience in CI/CD - Git, Maven and Jenkins.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams on end-to-end development and implementation.
Location of position(s):
Based out of the NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel as required.
Term of position(s):
The position(s) are on a contractual basis for a period of 3 years, which may be further extended up to 2 years subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
Please provide name and contact information of three references.
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Remuneration will be structured as follows: 70% fixed; 30% variable (conditional on achieving KPIs); additional performance bonus possible.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.