Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Project :
National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NUIS is envisioned as a shared digital public good that fosters innovation and collaboration in the urban ecosystem, predicated on the empowerment of citizens and enablement of processes to drive solutions at scale and with speed.
The NUIS program is designed to provide the foundational components of this digital infrastructure and to support its adoption. The various platforms that make up the NUIS stack are designed to bring a holistic view across multiple urban verticals and enable rapid scaling of innovative local solutions. The urban governance and municipal services platform, known as Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG), will be one of the first platforms to be operationalised under NUIS.
Purpose of the assignment :
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services, in order to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city. This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society. The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work :
Lead the development and operations team to efficiently coordinate with the developers in the program; facilitate coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes. The deployment of the UAT, Production, and certain other environments and owning the secure day to day operations of these instances will be the main responsibility of this role.
Role & Responsibilities :
Role: The Senior DevOps Engineer has to be responsible for the smooth functioning of the centrally hosted platform instances.
- Support the continuous integration and release process in a microservice-based cloud environment.
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools
- Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Support integration scenarios with other cloud applications
- Ensure landscape availability, performance and stability (dev, pipeline, demo, live systems)
- Support demo creation for new product releases
- Investigate and evaluate new tools and DevOps technologies
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with the customer user experience, scale/performance, and operability in mind.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent (BE/B.tech) required.
- Experience: 4 - 6 yrs of relevant experience
- Strong Computer Networking fundamentals
- Experience with modern DevOps fundamentals, tools and techniques
- Postman for REST API calling,
- Knowledge in docker
Location of position(s):
Based out of the NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel as required.
Term of position(s):
The position(s) are on a contractual basis for a period of 3 years, which may be further extended up to 2 years subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
Please provide name and contact information of three references.
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Remuneration will be structured as follows: 70% fixed; 30% variable (conditional on achieving KPIs); additional performance bonus possible.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.