About the Project:
National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NUIS is envisioned as a shared digital public good that fosters innovation and collaboration in the urban ecosystem, predicated on the empowerment of citizens and enablement of processes to drive solutions at scale and with speed.
The NUIS program is designed to provide the foundational components of this digital infrastructure and to support its adoption. The various platforms that make up the NUIS stack are designed to bring a holistic view across multiple urban verticals and enable rapid scaling of innovative local solutions. The urban governance and municipal services platform, known as Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG), will be one of the first platforms to be operationalised under NUIS.
Purpose of the assignment:
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services, in order to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city. This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society. The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work:
Lead a team of developers in the program team. Support various development duties such as writing code, analyzing data, and contributing to the design and implementation of applications within the platform. Ownership of the tech product customisation support as per the need gathered by the Solutioning team will be the main focus of this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
Role: The senior developer needs to be able to understand state-specific requirements and then advise/mentor state teams on the design, and development of the needed solutions on the platform to meet those requirements.
- Understand microservices-based platforms, and work on the configuration of services to meet business requirements specific to the state.
- Create the Development Design specifications for state-specific requirements along with estimations.
- Manage the design review, and collate changes working with the technical partner team(s).
- Manage the state development team and other development resources within the program.
- Conduct regular change management sessions with respect to technology changes, working with Project/Program Manager.
- Develop and deploy state-specific changes within the timelines.
- Cater to DevOps processes for development and deployment of a microservices-based platform.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- B. Tech or equivalent degree required.
- 6-8 years of experience required; including at least 1 year of experience working with modern architectural construct like Microservices and Rest APIs
- Experience working with cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Solution design and architecting capabilities
- Integration exposure with third-party applications, including wallets and payment gateways, will be an advantage
- Knowledge of tech stacks like Spring, Spring boot, Java/J2EE, Database - Postgres/RDBMS, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, NodeJS
- Hands-on DevOps experience with
- Database (Cassandra and Neo4j)
Location of position(s):
Based out of the NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel as required.
Term of position(s):
The position(s) are on a contractual basis for a period of 3 years, which may be further extended up to 2 years subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
Please provide name and contact information of three references.
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Remuneration will be structured as follows: 70% fixed; 30% variable (conditional on achieving KPIs); additional performance bonus possible.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.