Senior Business Analyst
About the Project:
National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NUIS is envisioned as a shared digital public good that fosters innovation and collaboration in the urban ecosystem, predicated on the empowerment of citizens and enablement of processes to drive solutions at scale and with speed.
The NUIS program is designed to provide the foundational components of this digital infrastructure and to support its adoption. The various platforms that make up the NUIS stack are designed to bring a holistic view across multiple urban verticals and enable rapid scaling of innovative local solutions. The urban governance and municipal services platform, known as Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG), will be one of the first platforms to be operationalised under NUIS.
Purpose of the assignment:
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services, in order to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city. This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society. The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work:
Lead a team of business analysts and also provide subject matter expertise to ensure the need identification, requirements gathering and implementation of the solution is done successfully. The Senior BA will be responsible for the solution which will be implemented in the state under the banner of CCSG.
Role & Responsibilities:
Role: The senior business analyst has to implement the state-specific solutions by determining the requirements of the state, and communicating them clearly to all the key stakeholders and facilitators.
- Preparing state-specific product configuration documents
- Lead pre-UAT product configuration study/workshop for specific products.
- Lead and manage the BA team within the program.
- Interact with state teams to identify and gather state-specific product configuration requirements/business rules etc.
- Analyze client’s business requirements and processes through document analysis, interviews, workshops, and workflow analysis
- Conduct testing including functional, user acceptance (UAT) and performance to verify the client’s needs are met
- Communicate client’s business requirements by constructing easy-to-understand data and process models
- Draft and maintain business requirements and align them with functional and technical requirements
- Identify and reconcile errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements
- Reports on project progress offers viable solutions and opportunities as and when they arise
- Work with Program Manager to manage resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Conducting meetings and setting expectations for the program team.
- Managing and maintaining a professional relationship with all the stakeholders
- Identify logs and help resolve issues and risks as and when required.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
This role requires a candidate who is familiar with technology, and has excellent communication and client engagement skills.
- B.Tech/BE/BCA and Post Graduate qualification required
- 3 to 5 years of work experience, with track record of high achievement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated experience in requirement-gathering & elicitation from clients
- Demonstrated experience with documentation (User stories, BRD, FRD, Flow Diagram etc.)
- Excellent Business Analysis skills, with the ability to convert complex requirements into simple solutions & present the same to technical teams
- Proficiency with Databases (Postgres, RDBMS, SQL)
- Experience of working with government clients strongly preferred - candidate must be keen to work with state governments and ULBs to apply for this role
- Ability to manage customer requirement and maintain delivery standards
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience using various Project Management Tools.
- Prior exposure to urban development sector (ideally in a central or state government project) strongly preferred.
- Good spoken and written fluency in English and Hindi required; additional languages will be a plus.
Location of position(s):
Based out of the NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel as required.
Term of position(s):
The position(s) are on a contractual basis for a period of 3 years, which may be further extended up to 2 years subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
Please provide name and contact information of three references.
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Remuneration will be structured as follows: 70% fixed; 30% variable (conditional on achieving KPIs); additional performance bonus possible.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.