Senior Associate - CDG
|ORGANIZATION||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|CENTRE||Centre for Digital Governance (CDG)|
|PROJECT||Citizen Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) - CDG - Living Lab|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE||Senior Associate - CDG|
|NO. OF POSTS||One (01)|
|DUTY STATION||New Delhi, India|
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for the urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India. The Institute has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought after by both Indian and international organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programs.
About the Centre for Digital Governance (CDG):
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has formulated the National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) strategy and approach with the vision to unlock urban innovation and promote collaboration across the entire urban ecosystem. The objective is to create an open digital public good which can enable co-creation and collaboration across the “quadruple helix” of government, industry, academia, and civil society and citizens’ groups in urban India.
With the goal to facilitate adoption and put technology as the core of operations for digital transformation across the ecosystem, the need for an anchor was felt to tie the strengths of all stakeholders together. Responding to this pressing necessity, Centre for Digital Governance (CDG) was institutionalised under the ambit of National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA). Envisioned to function as a trusted partner for distributed governance, CDG envisages establishing practice areas on research, governance, platform, partnerships, communication and learning.
With a charter to operationalize the NUIS strategy, CDG is on an ambitious and landscape defining path to contribute to quality of life for our citizens by way of inclusive and accessible digital solutions. The aspiration is to allow digital forces to enable the ease with which citizens, industry and government can connect, collaborate, transact, and share information; state and city administrators can increase productivity by automating routine tasks; and facilitate data based decision making to drive governance and policy making. As a first step towards implementing the NUIS strategy, the CDG has launched the Citizen Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) program focussed on driving digital governance across 4400 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) by 2024.
Scope of work:
Supporting the operationalization of the CDG and its programs; providing operational and programmatic support to CDG Leadership and team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in operationalizing the CDG Program; coordinating with stakeholders at NIUA and MoHUA, in states, and across the urban ecosystem.
- Manage strategy, implementation and optimization of the various levels of engagements of E-Governance.
- Work with key stakeholders to create efficient practices and bring deep insights and thought leadership to the Program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners at the Central, State and City level. Identify and communicate opportunities and plans for partners to grow in conjunction with the Program as it scales.
- Represent the Program, which will include describing the benefits of working with the Program to partners and other industry players.
- MBA, Masters in Urban Planning or Urban Management, or other Masters’ degree in a closely related field from a Premier institute.
- Demonstrated experience of 5-8 years in the Urban management or Urban Planning background and coordinating teams and multi-party processes
- Experience of working at Central/State level in the urban sector
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and manage expectations of senior executives/experts and their staff.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, conceptualization and communication skills, good understanding of market research techniques and data analytics, outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience in developing preliminary communications strategies and campaigns
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
- Expertise in branding strategy would be preferred. Particular interest in citizen centric technology, public policy and advocacy, social enterprises
- Should be willing to travel and work at the ground level with municipalities and government officials.
- Should be willing to work at the Institute on a full-time basis.
Location of position(s): Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi, with travel as to cities as and when required.
Term of position(s):
The position is on a contractual basis for a period of 1 year, extendable as per project requirement.
References: Name and contact information of three references Remuneration: At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Notice period for termination from either side will be fifteen days or salary in lieu of.
Submit CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Last Date of Application:
31 May 2021 - Hiring is on a rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.