Note: Previous applicants for the role of ‘Program Manager - NULP’ are recorded in the database and need not apply again.
About National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) was tasked to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanisation and suggest ways and mechanisms to address urban challenges in the country. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving Urban India. The Institution has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilised its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive, and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and International organisations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programs. Learn more about the Institute at http://www.niua.org/
About the Centre for Digital Governance (CDG)
To anchor and operationalise the NUIS strategy and approach, the Centre for Digital Governance (CDG) has been set-up at the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA). Envisioned as a trusted partner for distributed governance, CDG will work in domains of research, communication, platforms, governance, learning and partnerships.
About the National Urban Learning Platform (NULP)
The National Urban Learning Platform (NULP) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NULP is envisioned as a means of digitally consolidating key skills and knowledge required by urban stakeholders and making these available to all actors on the digital channel of their choice. Built on the principles of societal platforms, NULP will include tools to enable and streamline content creation, content organisation and management, course building, course management, assessment and certification. These tools will enable the ecosystem of training institutions, urban experts and academia to rapidly digitise their existing course materials while creating new interactive and engaging types of multilingual content. The NULP program is designed as an eLearning platform which intends to meet the training and development needs of all the stakeholders in the quadruple helix- Governments, Industry partners, Academicians and Civil Societies. NULP aims to propagate solutions and innovations that are underway, and act as an enabler of the rapid development of diverse new solutions developed by cities and states.
Purpose of the assignment:
This role will be a part of the Centre for Digital Governance (CDG) Team for the NULP Program at NIUA supported by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NIUA seeks to hire a Program Manager with prior experience in improving and leveraging Learning Technology to better support and inspire all learners with a demonstrated background of working with Learning Management Systems (LMS). (S)he/they will bring in their expertise for the development of NULP’s program and deployment of digital infrastructure in cities and states in India.
Scope of work:
Developing the NULP program roadmap while leading cross-functional projects aimed at enhancing the user experience and improving team workflows, supporting the development of organisational partnerships and leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to optimise program outputs. This will be done in coordination with the Head (CDG), the Director (NIUA), and relevant stakeholders in the partner ecosystem at MoHUA and FCDO.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager will primarily work on scopes of Program Design, Implementation, Product and System Enhancements while pioneering the rollout of the program in collaboration with partners Program Management and Implementation
Program Management and Implementation
- Establish NULP as a key capacity building platform in the urban ecosystem , especially amongst key stakeholders of city/state administrators, academia, civil society partners.
- Drive the program inputs, outputs and outcomes in terms of system usage and adoption- e.g. content created by ecosystem players, certification completed, best practice sharing etc.
- Ensure adherence to cadence and communication systems/processes put in place.
- Facilitate training and communication for product/interface launches with internal cross-functional stakeholders, external partners, and consumers
- Manage the overall functioning and day-to day operations for NULP within the internal program and technical teams at NIUA
- Develop and support creation of strategies for catering to foundational components like program design, implementation and outreach for NULP.
- End-to-end to management of program implementation and rollout to cities, states and urban local bodies (ULBs).
- Coordination with senior leadership of cities for appointing nodal officers/key SPOCs and supporting onboarding activities outlined for the program.
- Problem solve for strategies already in implementation and build solutions/workarounds with teams for co-creating implementation roadmap for the program.
- Prioritise feature requests, deliver product roadmaps, and run pilots/experiment
- Ensure smooth product/program launches that drive partner alignment, encourage adoption of new features, and prepare internal teams for upcoming changes.
- Support delivery of program KPIs and KRAs through monitoring and evaluation of NULP priorities in tandem with partner priorities.
- Driving the content calendar and collaborating with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create, support, and execute outreach campaigns and initiatives across key channels.
- Ensure convergence with partners and relevant government departments to facilitate target completion.
- Provide input for formulation of content and implementation policies of the program for thematic areas prioritised for the program.
- Undertake necessary liaison and coordinate implementation of the project with all key stakeholders.
- Support grant management activities with timely reporting and delivery on expectations.
- Provide necessary technical and management support to NIUA and conduct regular review meetings with program partners, mentoring staff to ensure effective rollout of NULP activities.
- Develop strategies to build a lasting digital connection with consumers
- Collaborate with internal technical/SME teams to continuously improve user experience.
- Support partnership with leading institutions of the quadruple helix to develop their MOOC strategy and create engaging courses on the platform for making high quality education accessible across the globe.
- Build network and linkages with the relevant sector, civil society organisations and other stakeholders as per thematic area priorities.
- Create an enabling work environment to maximise intra thematic and cross thematic exchange of ideas, plans and strategies for implementation.
- Participate in various niche network/industrial groups to develop and strengthen the domain discourse on learning platforms.
- Conduct consultations with various industry professionals and quadruple helix thought leaders to gather feedback for the program and support subsequent iteration.
- Support NIUA and NULP’s social media presence through consistent sharing of updates and announcements.
- Represent NULP in various meetings/forums as and when necessary.
- Any other task pertaining to the program or domain outlined by NIUA, MoHUA or FCDO leadership
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree preferably in Business Management, Public Policy, Project Management or closely related field with 4-7 years of experience working in the Edtech sector with and fields of Digital Marketing, Content Creation, Communications
- Good verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and Hindi
- Prior knowledge of working with education and technology leveraging learning management systems in urban/municipal domains
- Demonstrated experience of having managed multi-stakeholder projects at scale with internal and external teams.
- Additional considerations that will be a plus:
- Prior experience of managing programs in government capacity building domains.
- Enthusiasm for open platforms, technology and social impact.
Location of position(s):
Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi; with travel to cities as required.
Term of position(s): The position is on a contractual basis for a period of 1 years, which may be further extended subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
References: Name and contact information of three references
Remuneration: At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required. Application process: Submit CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Last Date to Apply: Hiring is on a rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.