Intern- Information Technology
|ORGANIZATION||National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE||Intern- Information Technology|
|DUTY STATION:||Delhi, India|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT||Individual Consultant Contract|
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA, is a premier Institute of Ministry of Housing andUrban Affairs, Government of India for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving Urban India. The Institution has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive, and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and International organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programs.
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is looking out for motivated, enthusiastic, organized and attentive candidates for a full-time internship position with its Information Technology team. The intern will support the development of IT projects within NIUA and its Centres. The ideal candidate must be a Web Technology Hands-on person with exposure to both frontend and backend technologies. This is a paid internship for at least six months.
- Developing Code for IT Platforms, Websites, and other In-house applications
- Performing Functional, Non-Functional and Security Testing of Web Applications
- Assisting projects to gather requirements and create designs for IT solutions
- Assisting Projects during Implementation of IT apps and solutions
- Participating in other project related IT activities as and when required
- Assist in planning and status reporting of IT activities within the institute, Centres and Projects
- The intern must be available to take on responsibilities and fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from various projects, whenever required.
The candidate should have or must be working towards a Bachelor or Master’s Engineering degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with relevant project experience in Open Source Technologies & skills listed below.
Desired Skills include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Frontend Frameworks like Angular & React
- Backend Frameworks like Node JS
- Database skills like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MYSQL
- Other Technologies – Drupal 7/8, PHP, HTML, CSS, GIT, WordPress, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Strong grasp of project lifecycle and associated artifacts • Understanding of web architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working on IT projects related with Web Development and Maintenance
Remuneration: As par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills and fitment with NIUA remuneration structures. Proof of past internship/s remunerationwould be required.
Application process: Submit CV, Cover letter and Letter from the University/Institute for the internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.