About the Project:
National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NUIS is envisioned as a shared digital public good that fosters innovation and collaboration in the urban ecosystem, predicated on the empowerment of citizens and enablement of processes to drive solutions at scale and with speed.
The NUIS program is designed to provide the foundational components of this digital infrastructure and to support its adoption. The various platforms that make up the NUIS stack are designed to bring a holistic view across multiple urban verticals and enable rapid scaling of innovative local solutions. The urban governance and municipal services platform, known as Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG), will be one of the first platforms to be operationalised under NUIS.
Purpose of the assignment:
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services, in order to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city. This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society. The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work:
Determining the structure and design of the applications, striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design and ensuring the solution is optimized for multi-channel access. Ownership of the tech product customisation support will be the main focus of this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
Role: The developer frontend has to align the design and user experience requirements to ensure optimization of the application for maximum efficiency and maintaining consistency across the platform.
- Design and write front end applications from scratch or extend existing applications for modification/update.
- Identify reusable components, in order to reduce the time and cost of application design.
- Fixing of bugs with respect to the tickets raised through JIRA
- Test the applications and identify problems
- Code Maintenance using modern infra like Git
- Client support
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification: BE/B.tech/BCA required.
- Experience: 2 - 4 years.
- Experience with frameworks like ReactJS/AngularJS/Vue
- Exposure to Git
- Excellent understanding of the responsive design and the use of media queries, and cross-browser compatible design (especially compatibility with Internet Explorer)
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks and wireframe tools is a plus
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within project schedules and deadlines.
- Additionally, hands-on experience with:
- REST API
Location of position(s):
Based out of the NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel as required.
Term of position(s):
The position(s) are on a contractual basis for a period of 3 years, which may be further extended up to 2 years subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
Please provide name and contact information of three references.
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Remuneration will be structured as follows: 70% fixed; 30% variable (conditional on achieving KPIs); additional performance bonus possible.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.