Citizen Centric Smart Governance (CCSG) - Program Manager
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) was tasked to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization and suggest ways and mechanisms to address urban challenges in the country. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving Urban India. The Institution has been actively working on bringing forth key areas of concern for urban India in order to build the urban discourse at various urban scales. It has utilized its competencies in research, knowledge management, policy advocacy and capacity building to address urban challenges and continuously striving to develop sustainable, inclusive, and productive urban ecosystems in the country. It has emerged as a thought leader and knowledge hub for urban development in India and is sought out by both Indian and International organizations for collaborations and partnerships in India’s urban transforming journey. NIUA is committed towards aligning its efforts towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through all its initiatives and programs.
About the National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS)
National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS) is a program at NIUA, supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). NUIS is envisioned as a shared digital public good that fosters innovation and collaboration in the urban ecosystem, predicated on the empowerment of citizens and enablement of processes to drive solutions at scale and with speed.
The NUIS program is designed to provide the foundational components of this digital infrastructure and to support its adoption. The various platforms that make up the NUIS stack are designed to bring a holistic view across multiple urban verticals and enable rapid scaling of innovative local solutions. The program has decided to develop its governance and municipal services platform, known as Citizen-Centric Smart Governance (CCSG), as one of the first platforms to be operationalized under NUIS.
Project Name: National Urban Innovation Stack (NUIS)
Purpose of the assignment:
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city. This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society. The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work:
Developing the CCSG Program and providing operational and programmatic leadership in coordination with the NUIS Program Head, the Director NIUA, and relevant stakeholders at MoHUA and in the partner ecosystem.
Role & Responsibilities:
Role: The CCSG Program Manager leads the team to drive the program in all dimensions.
- Lead and drive the Program in all dimensions, build and execute scalable plans for recruiting.
- Work with key stakeholders to create efficient practices and bring deep insights and thought leadership to the Program
- Manage strategy, implementation and optimization of the Program’s overall engagements at national, state, and city level.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners at the national and state level. Identify and communicate opportunities and plans for partners to grow in conjunction with the Program as it scales.
- Represent the Program at industry events, which will include describing the benefits of working with the Program to partners and other industry players.
- Guide and support partners through processes & guidelines and liaise with the product and technical support when required.
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to the program.
- Source and close contracts agreeing on business terms, commission structure and service levels from partners/stakeholders
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- MBA, or Masters in Urban Planning or Urban Management, or other Masters’ degree from a Premier institute.
- Demonstrated experience in the Urban Development Ecosystem and coordinating teams and multi-party processes. At least 8 years of work experience required; 10 years preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and manage expectations of senior executives/experts and their staff.
Location of position(s): Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi; with travel to cities as required.
Term of position(s): 'The position is on a contractual basis for a period of 3 years, which may be further extended up to 2 years subject to performance and grant/project timelines’.
References: Name and contact information of three references
Remuneration: At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required. Remuneration will be structured as follows: 70% fixed; 30% variable (conditional on achieving KPIs); additional performance bonus possible
Application process: Submit CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Last Date to Apply: Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.